Saturday, April 20, 2013

Doors of Olhao


 
When I first went to Ottawa to get our son Ryan settled into University of Ottawa, I spent some time wandering the city. One thing that struck me was the variety of lovely old doors I saw. I started taking photos of them with the intent of making Ryan a poster out of the pictures. Collecting the pictures of doors in Ottawa, made me aware of doors when I travelled to other cities, and I started taking pictures of them all over the world. I became especially taken with old doors; doors showing their history and sometimes showing their age. I found wonderful doors to shoot in China, in Brazil, in Spain, and in Mexico. I even found a few interesting doors in the US, but in Canada and United States, the old doors tend to get replaced with shiny new steel ones to provide better security and insulation. Interesting doors with character are few and far between in North America, but here in Olhao there are hundreds of them. Here are a few of the more interesting ones.











1 comment: