Monday, October 2, 2023

October Sunshine and Old Cars

On Sunday, the month of October arrived with sunshine and summer like temperatures. A perfect day for a “Top-down” drive in my little black Alfa Romeo Spider. Although you really do not need a car here in the big city, my classic little convertible was trailered to Toronto and I wanted to use to to do some interesting drives while we were here. 



I went on the Internet and found that there was a car show not too far from me and although I am still finding my way around the city,  I thought I could find the location of the park where the car show was being held. Plugging the address into Google Maps, I was directed about 30 minutes away to a community park. 


Now back in Nova Scotia, when I went to car shows, I would see other vintage or interesting vehicles on the drive to the show, so I was a little worried when on this drive I saw Toyotas, Fords and Hyundai’s but nothing special. However arriving at the park, I was greeted by a nice collection of very shiny interesting vehicles. 


The show was well organized and I was directed to a spot to park and given a registration number and told there were prizes for various categories. With my Nova Scotia Antique Auto licence plate, I was hoping there was a category for “Longest drive to get here”. At shows in Nova Scotia I was usually the only Alfa Romeo on display so I was hoping to see a few more here in the big city, but once again I was the only one. 


Maritimers are known to be friendly and I enjoyed attending these car shows to meet and chatting with other automotive enthusiastic about our cars, but here in the big city I was not sure what the attitude would be. I need not have worried; it seems that “Car People” are the same all over and I spent an enjoyable day meeting other car folk and talking about our cars. 


Oh, I did not win any prizes but I did meet a lot of nice people and had lots of interest in my little Alfa Romeo. 


Here are a few photos of some of the cars at the show. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment